Sunday, August 3, 2014

Exploring Medellin

Decided I would explore Medellin on foot today (with a friend in tow).... Here are a few of the highlights:

Coffee at what might be my new favorite coffee joint, Pergamino Cafe

View from cafe
(It's a little blurry, but imagine a quaint little street with lots of greens)

A stroll through Parque Lleras 



Then, we walked to the Metro station where we caught the metro to Parque Bolivar and shopped the San Alejo Handicraft Market.



Saw this tree while there, crazy roots!


We got caught in a rain storm so we stopped for lunch in a great little cafe, Nino e Pastino,where I was able to buy some great Argentinian wine for a reasonable price....

Later this evening I was invited to the annual Tsunsmi de la Salsa where a bagillion salsa bands preform. We had probably the best tickets in the house (but they come with a price)!!


Literally front row seats (inside a giant coliseum).

The giant coliseum!



Singer from the band and friends with Yesika (helped us get the awesome tickets for a sold out show)!




This dude in the gold pants on stage, literally took off his pants and stood in his underwear! I was too shocked to snap a picture before he pulled them back up!! South America is FUN! Lol


And that my friends is how my Saturday went!! Tomorrow I'm attempting a whole other adventure. Stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment