Monday, July 28, 2014

Dinner the Adventure

Well, those of you who REALLY know me know that I do not COOK. Like I can ruin box Mac n cheese type of bad cook! So, take all my utinsels away from me and the kitchen really does become my nightmare!! Last night I got tired of cheese 'n crackers and fruit for dinner so I sucked it up and got out the ingredients for spaghetti. Well midway through cooking I realized I had a problem..... 1 completely metal pot (handles and lid) and no strainer..... In my attempt to drain the spaghetti without the colander or pot holders, I lost about half down the drain (a drain that doesn't have a garbage disposal). But the spaghetti turned out amazing until I realized I had nothing to put the leftovers in except for a ziplock bag.

Kind of gross!! 

I also don't have a microwave to reheat, so I'm taking leftovers to work (where there are microwaves!). 

Tonight's dinner went a little better and tasted quite yummy!! Some type of beef (no idea what the cut was, but not awful) diced up and tossed in frying pan with olive oil, garlic, and salt/pepper.  As if that wasn't abitious enough I made rice (the kind you make in a pot on the stove without a microwave)!!! It was soooo tasty!!


Watch out America, by the time I come home I may change professions to Chef!!

So, really not all that impressive, but considering the lack of kitchen supplies I think I'm making it!! 

There's no telling what tomorrow night might hold, tacos maybe?

Adios,


PS..... I should of written about it first, but I'll be blogging about this past Saturday night next time.....

2 comments:

  1. Wait, you can make rice in a microwave??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Bens microwave pouches!! Duh! Lol

    ReplyDelete