Well, today I did the thing I've been dreading for weeks...... Going through "the tub" (18 gallon plastic container) of stuff (for some it may be "the bag", "the closet", "the junk drawer"--- for me it was "the tub"). My tub is full of CD's, floppy disk, old photographs and their negatives, and VHS tapes.
It all started in 1998 when I was in a hurry to head off to college. Then again in 2003 when I was in a hurry to move back to Fort Worth to start my first teaching job. After that I got plain lazy when I moved!! In my haste to pack each time I added things to "the tub" instead of going through it.
I decided this would be the move I would go through "the stuff" and this is what I found......
Billions of little itty bitty wallet sized photos from high school......
Birthday celebrations with friends (yes those candles say 17).....
Who knows what this was???.... Eeks....
Polaroid pictures of my best friend in her prom dress......
Other crazy pictures of my friends.....
An 8x10 of me from 8th grade.... Would you take a look at those braces!!
No idea what we were doing, but we turned it into a calendar..... Classy!
Picture of my dad and I back packing (where I have no idea).....
High School slumber parties.....
VHS tapes Kortnye would send me while I was away at college.....
Cards from ex-boyfriends. They were actually quite sweet......
Floppy disk!! I have no idea how to see what is on these things!!! Crazy!
A billion + 1 CDs with pictures, music, and data. Who has the time to go through these?? Can you hire someone to put all of this on an external hard drive?
So..... "The tub" is still full, but now I at least know what was/is in it! Maybe the next move I'll actually do something about the items in "the tub"! And just maybe, I'll be adding more to it!
Xoxo,
C
No comments:
Post a Comment