I wrote this last weekend and just now sending it out. Please hug those you love.
Sometimes my mind can go to dark places and there are a few friends that will encourage me in those times (you guys know who you are). I will get a motivational pep talk, an encouraging verse, a picture from the past, or even the right song at the right moment.
This week the world lost a beautiful person. We were not super close, but we hung out in the same circle a while back. She moved several years ago, got married, and loved her community. I would see something on Facebook every now and again. Then there it was this week, another life lost this week to covid. She was and is loved by her entire community. I have had her on my mind all week. This virus has cost so many lives. Spouses. Parents. Children. Siblings. Grandparents.
We do not belong to this world. We are promised something far more spectacular. I know our minds can't even dream that big, but I picture firecrackers that are an eternal grand finale, fireflies fluttering all around, the biggest bowl of never ending ice cream, and the most perfectly beautiful body.
I believe music can be healing. I hope you can find encouragement, joy, love, or whatever you need in the words of these songs.
What ifs Matthew West
Eye of a Storm Ryan Stevenson
Rescue Lauren Daigle
Joyful Noise Matt Maher
Scars in Heaven Casting Crowns
God you are We are Messengers
Xoxoxo love this.
ReplyDelete❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDeleteRead this verse this AM— 1 Peter 1:3-9 “….an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading…”
Also, David Murphy’s walk up song—“Where I Belong” by Building 429
💕
ReplyDeleteHi Carrie. I love this. May be the best and most life giving words I've read today. This is how I picture you in my prayers and I am glad you have a vision of our future hope... free of all pain, fullness of joy, a life much better any sliver of happiness we thought we knew. What a great perspective ❤
ReplyDelete