Monday, September 1, 2014

Things I'm doing

I haven't written a blog in quite sometime.... There's not much to say, work is in full swing!!! Started our 4th week of instruction! But in case you were curious about what I've been up to, here's a few pictures to catch you up:

Sancocho: Colombian soup with crane rez, plantain, corn, carrots, yucca, and potatoes. Served with rice and an avocado!

Delicious!

Coffee, lots of it (get up too early for my own good)....

An oven so tiny even a small cookie sheet won't fit.

A house keeper that cuts the end of my zuchinni off (to make it last longer??? No idea)

 Out with friends

Playing random music instruments at random places

Dancing, lots of dancing!!

Fun fruits, until you open and see the insides!!! #scared #whatdidigetmyselfinto

Crazy tropical fruits that look like slime and bugs, but taste tropically with sunflower seed crunch (super freaky)....

Turn said fruit into juice!!

Planning October vacation (Colombian/panama border).... It's okay, be jealous!

And weird men with eyes that pop out of their head!!

Expensive, important kitchen utinsels that break at the wrong time..... A girl should never not have her wine!!!

A broken flat iron :-( especially sad in a city where it will cost me my arm and a kidney to afford another :-( (1st world problems, I'll go with frizzy crazy hair)

Packages from home that make you smile!!!

Reminders of why I'm so far from home....



Scary looking selfie pictures to send back home!!! Lol makes me laugh everytime #kortnyeistheselfiequeen #iamnot

My classroom (the before pictures, one day I'll take pictures of the after)

So, there you have it!!! My life in pictures!! 5 weeks until our fall break!!! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment