A couple friends and I left for Rio Claro mid afternoon after the GIANT school Halloween party.
After the Halloween chaos, it was about a 3 hour drive out of the city to reach the Rio Claro Nature Refuge.
I river rafted for the first time (level 1), zip lined for the first time above the river, saw a real Colombian monkey, hiked a crazy hike through the jungle (including a little rock climbing and mud walking), and went into the belly of an "active" cave!! I didn't realize exactly what happened with an "active" cave until it was to late to turn around.
More cave info (no pictures because no electrical devices could be taken into the cave, for good reasons I was unaware of):
I waded water (which I'm sure had cave bird feces all in it)..... Then without knowing had to jump 3-4 cliffs into pools of more water. At one point my helmet broke and my headlamp went to the bottom of the cave (now I was left to darkness and other peoples flashlights). I felt like a Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtle the entire time (because I felt like I was in a sewer)..... Exiting the cave pretty much looked like the ending of the sewer!!!
Here are the few pictures of the trip I took in between other water activities that didn't allow bringing a camera......
Ant crawling on bright orange flower
Giant spider, tarantula with bluish legs
Hint for next post.... Green, Postobon, #gonnamarryafutbalplayer
























No comments:
Post a Comment